Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why hello there.

Oh! I'm sorry, you startled me. I didn't notice you there.

Well, where do we begin? I'm Nick Longley - writer, musician, gamer, digital artist, otaku. I was born in Scottsdale, Arizona, but I moved to California when I was about 10. I've always been very quiet in real life, but I'm pretty different online; I tend to voice my opinions very loudly over the old 'tubes.

As I said before, I enjoy creative writing (I've been working on a novel for a long time), and I play piano and tenor saxophone - though here at Chapman I have access to neither so I'm sure my skill will go down the drain. I'm self taught at piano, and I pretty much just play video game music. I called myself a digital artist, but that's an exaggeration. My major is Digital Arts, but I'm not very good at that kind of thing on my own. I mean, I've messed around with some programs and made some stuff, but it's no big deal.

Hm...What else...There are few things that'll get me talking a lot in real life if I don't know you very well, but video games and anime are two of them. If you don't know what an otaku is (I mentioned it near the beginning if you forgot), it's basically a Japanophile. If you want to know what games / anime I like, the list would be too long for me to type out, so just ask me personally. I've been studying Japanese for a few years (I took a year-long break and since I had no way to use it I forgot a lot of it) and if I could have my wish it would be to work at a game company in Japan, like SquareEnix or Team Ninja of Tecmo, or maybe even Konami.

I guess that's about it, hopefully this wasn't supposed to be in some formal format or I'll be pretty screwed. I do however at least hope that we're forced to write with good grammar and not 1337-sp33k or AIM-grammar, 'cause that kind of stuff drives me up a friggin' wall.

See you guys tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot all about adding hyperlinks so I added some.

No comments: